The good is obvious; we are all under a tremendous amount of stress, hence the need for releasing tension, balancing and a relaxing type of massage.
The bad is not so obvious; when we don’t recognize the important of self-care, our body’s acknowledge we don’t care, and go on auto pilot. High blood pressure, weight gain, and allergies are all signs the body is overloaded! The ugly is when our bodies try to adjust and self-regulate, but when full of tension and chaos, the body - ever so slowly, shuts down. Migraines, back spasms, heart disease, being laid up for days or maybe even weeks - G-d forbid, are all signs of a shut down. Better to become aware of this now and nip it in the bud!
Body Benefits offers 1-1 ½ hour massages that can physically align, emotionally balance and ground you. Helping you be the most productive, loving individuals that you are!
The Elder Care Program is launching this Fall!
I’m so excited to share this new endeavor with you.
What is it? A program that meets the needs of our Older Population.
Why is it so important? Our elderly parents and friends have caretakers for everyday needs; dressing, changing and making meals. What they don’t have and lack is basic touch! The feeling that they belong to the human race and are loved. I provide this and more.
Where does this massage occur? In their home where they feel safe, comfortable and relaxed. Diseases like Alzheimer’s and Dementia make them confused and unsettled. I give them nurturing and the respect they deserve.
When does this massage occur? Daytime scheduling is available to better fit in with their routine!
How long are these appointments? 1 hour usually once per week. Giving them structure and pleasure, and something to look forward to.
Senior Massage Therapy
- Reduces the pain of chronic disease and minor injuries.
- Decreases muscle spasm and stiffness, increases mobility.
- Provides more physical and social interaction for elders.
- Alleviates some of the anxiety associated with memory loss by inducing relaxation.
- Stimulates the nervous system to maintain nerve passageways that decline with aging.
- Touch therapy through massage can offer great relief and even aid the medication therapy that elders are often prescribed.